Tricks in Cleaning a Window
Published on Monday, 30 November 2009
At first, you may think that you can just clean your windows in whatever way you like. But take note that improper way of cleaning the window does not really make it clean. Improper way of cleaning can leave water marks or prints after the window dries. Of course, it is disappointing that after an hour of cleaning and rubbing, it will only end up ugly. So to avoid wasting your time and energy, we have provided you with tricks in properly cleaning windows.
First, an average temperature is a requirement. Pick a cloudy day and schedule your task on this cloudy day. Never wash your windows if the weather is too hot. What creates water marks is when water dries very quickly due to the hot weather condition. Also, make sure that the sun is not directly striking on your window whilst you are cleaning it for exposure to direct sunlight creates these ugly steaks.
The things you must prepare are the following: white vinegar, clean water, spray bottle and clean cotton rug
1. Remove flower pots, plants or other stuff below the window that you will clean.
2. Get rid of lisard eggs, dead spiders and insects, and algae if there are any.
3. Before you start cleaning, wipe the entire surface of the window with clean rug or cloth to get rid of loose dusts and dirt.
4. Put 2 tbsp of white vinegar in the spray bottle with water.
5. Spray the solution to the window pain.
6. Wipe the inside window horisontally whilst the outside part, vertically. But start with the outside part.
7. Clump a used newspaper. In circular motion, wipe the glass until it dries and shines.
The next method doesn't involve white vinegar. This is actually the old fashioned way of cleaning windows. Instead of white vinegar, use soapy water then follow the rest of the stated procedure. More news