Ideas To Uphold The Elegance Of Marble Flooring
Published on Tuesday, 08 December 2009
Marble flooring is known for its grace and shine offered that is incomparable to other floorings. To uphold the elegance of the marble flooring, it is essential to maintain them appropriately. Here are some simple inexpensive ideas to glimmer your marble flooring.
* Instead of cleaning with plain water add neutral cleaner into the water. This will prevent dirt accumulation on the marble. Never use acidic or alkaline reagents to clean the marble floor. In addition to using an appropriate cleaner, it is essential to keep the mop clean; else, it will add more dust to the floor. Do not forget to clean the door mats regularly.
* Marble is a very strong stone with long life. But the polished marble is easily susceptible to scratches from coarse materials like sand particles, dragging of furniture etc. Placing a door mat at the entrance of the room will capture all the dirt. Damage caused by furniture can be minimised by placing plastic caps to the furniture legs.
* Most of them love to place indoor plants as a part of their interior decoration. This may result in formation of deep stains of mud over the marble. These stains can be prevented by placing the pots on thick mats specially designed for this purpose. Make sure to not use cloth mats. They will absorb the wetness that again causes stains on the marble.
* Apart from regular cleaning, it is suggested to get the marble cleaned and polished by professionals. This will rejuvenate the lustre by eliminating minor damages caused by solid materials such as sand particles.
* Never clean tough stains like rust, oil or grease by scratching or by using bleaching agents. It is recommended to take suggestions from professional marble maintenance services. For simple stains or cleaning purpose, baking soda works well. However, to have effective results, stains have to be cleaned immediately.
It is suggested to clean the stains from outside to inside, without spreading it over the floor. More news