Feared To Clean Your Kitchen? Here Are Some Easy Ideas
Published on Wednesday, 09 December 2009
Kitchen, a room of appliances will be messy and takes long time to clean. So, most of us do not dare to clean. Here are some easy ideas to simplify kitchen cleaning.
* To get rid of the yellow stains in dishwasher do the wash and rinse cycle of the dishwasher by adding flavoured orange crystals, without loading the dishwasher with vessels.
* Use a foaming bath cleaner to clean the refrigerator. Empty the refrigerator and clean it with a solution of baking soda, vinegar and water. Placing an open box of baking soda at one corner of the refrigerator will eliminate food odours. Whilst replacing the foods in refrigerator, check for expiry dates and dispose the expired food packs.
* To get rid of burnt food from microwave, run the microwave on high temperature for about 2 minutes with a small cup of water. The steam generated will ease the removal of burnt food. If you add two to three drops of lemon into that water, eliminating the grease and odour will be much easier.
* Whilst cleaning countertop use appropriate method that suits the material of the countertop such as granite or marble countertops. Never use harsh chemicals to clean marble countertop; it will cause damage to the marble. A solution of borax and water can be used to get rid of stains on marble countertop very easily. For granite countertops, a mix of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide works well to get rid of stains.
* To clean the stove, gently remove the burners if possible and clean them with warm water. A toothbrush will easily get rid of any dirt stuck in those small holes of the burners.
* Vinegar works well to clean stainless steel kitchen sinks whilst a solution of baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and water works for porcelain sinks.
To ease the periodical cleaning process, it is suggested to clean the kitchen regularly after finishing cooking or at the end of the day. This will not only keep the kitchen clean but also prevents pest infestation. More news